Monday, September 29, 2008

Wilton Class 4


Today I finished my last Wilton class for the first level. Our assignment was to bake and frost (just the crust layer) a cake.

I chose a chocolate cake and I decided to tort the cake because I had not done that before. I was maybe a little over ambitious, but I'm pretty pleased with the results.

In the interest of full disclosure, let me say this: my husband baked the cake. It tastes great and he did a great job. I had a full set of cupcakes to make this weekend, along with three batches of frosting and just could not make myself bake a cake on top of that. So, thank you husband!

I should have practiced torting and the base coat of frosting prior to making the cake for my final class, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

I'll be posting a more in-depth look at this cake and the process to decorate it on my new website: www.cupocakedesigns.com It will be October's featured project. Please check the website later this week to see even more pictures of the cake.

I start Wilton level 2 next Monday. I'll be learning to make more flowers as well as how to do a basket weave frosting.

No comments: