Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Magnolia Vanilla Cupcakes

This weekend I tried out the Magnolia Vanilla Cupcake recipe. I had to make cupcakes for Bachelor and Bachelorette parties and really wanted a nice vanilla cupcake.

I didn't much care for the Amy Sedaris recipe I tried a few weeks ago, so I thought I'd try the Magnolia recipe. I've had Magnolia cupcakes before and wasn't super impressed with them, so my hopes for the recipe weren't high.

I thought they turned out ok, but definitely not that nice moist vanilla cake that I was looking for.

I used the melted frosting technique for the tops and then piped on some decorations. I would share the pictures of the completed cupcakes (the one above is in-progress), but they're a little "adult" in nature and since I have no way of knowing who is looking at these pictures I'd prefer not to share those.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hee, you made dirty cupcakes? That amuses me immensely.