Thursday, April 12, 2007

Feel Better...Real Soon!

(click image to enlarge)

This is a pretty easy Get Well card that I made recently. It's not perfect, but it turned out pretty well considering I only had a vague idea of what I wanted.

I cut all the letters and items with my Cricut, which is seriously one of the best craft tools I have ever gotten. It took a little while to get the "band aid" to look right. If I make this card again, I think I would actually punch holes in the mid-section of the band aid, as opposed to just making dots with a pen.

I also don't think I would use a corner rounder (paper punch) on the bottom. It kind of made "fell better" all smushy. I don't like that at all.

The heart, however, turned out great. I used a white paint pen for the stitching effect. I'm still not brave enough to try my sewing machine on paper.

Inside the card it says "Real Soon!" The lettering is just like the front, only opposite colors- so white text with a navy outline (shadow).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is SUPER cute! I totally thought the band-aid was real at first, because I am crazy-gullible, apparently. What a nice card to send someone!