Monday, April 23, 2007

Graduation

(click image to enlarge)

I made this card for one of my students who will be working at NBC next year. I was inspired by the peacock logo. Originally, I tried to make the peacock take up the entire front of the card. I could not get it to look right, no matter what I did. Finally, after playing around a little I went with a more abstract version. I actually like this a lot.

I cut the "peacock" feathers out freehand, then inked them with some white ink to make them stand out a bit- but also to give them the same feel that the NBC logo has.

The mortar board is a stamp that I purchased a few years back. I stamped it in white ink on black cardstock. After the ink dried, I cut the image out and went over the lines with Paper Glaze to give it more definition. The image is secured with Pop Dots for even more dimension.

The inside is blank. I thought about using a rub on (Congratulations, or Good Luck), but decided against it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this one is super cute and very creative interpretation of the NBC logo - i like it!