Wednesday, April 18, 2007

You're Sweet

(click image to enlarge)
The weather has been so dreary lately, I wanted to make a bright and happy card that reminded me of summer.

I cut the popsicles with my Cricut and used a brown pen to add wood grain to the sticks. I added UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) to the pink popsicle. This is the first time I have worked with UTEE, but I'm pretty pleased with the results. I did three layers of UTEE to get the shine consistent.

The stamp on the side says "you're sweet." I like the pop of the white ink on the colored paper.

I will probably be experimenting more with UTEE. Depending upon the number of layers you do, and how much you let the enamel set you can get different textures. With one layer it looks a little crackly, and if you stamp an image in the enamel before it sets completely, that should give a different look.

No comments: