Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Red Velvet Mummies & Pumpkins





Halloween is this Friday!

I had cupcakes to bake for a few occasions this week, so I decided to go with a Halloween theme for decorations. The cupcakes themselves are Red Velvet (from Paula Deen's recipe). I needed to test out the recipe for a project next week (stay tuned to find out what the project is!).

I used the same frosting tip for the basketweave on the Mummies. I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with the Mummies- I feel like maybe they need some sort of mouth, but I couldn't figure out how to do that without making them too cute.

The Pumpkins I frosted and then dipped in orange sugar sprinkles. Once the sprinkles were on, I piped on orange lines to serve as the Pumpkins ridges. On the top I piped a brown stem and green leaves. The stems...are wonky at best. But, live and learn.

I think overall the cupcakes came out pretty well. Cute and Halloween-riffic, while still tasting yummy.

1 comment:

CB said...

Love the mummy and the pumpkin! Thanks for entering the Halloween Cupcake Contest!
Clara @ iheartcuppycakes!