Wednesday, July 08, 2009

And They Lived Happily Ever After

This past weekend, I spent my 4th of July at the wedding of one of my very best friends. I got to spend five full days in my hometown, reconnecting with friends and family. It was fantastic.

Of course, having to be there a few days early for the rehearsal I had to make the wedding card over a week in advance. My creative mojo usually doesn't start working until I have about an hour to finish something, so this was a bit of a challenge.

For my inspiration I pulled out the materials I'd used to create her wedding invations (I...am trying to find the one I have so that I can show you what they looked like, but I have not yet succeeded there). Her wedding colors were black, ivory, and gold.

I decided to use the gold as the main color for the card (it doesn't photograph well, but it has a slight shimmer to it). Rooting around through my stamps I came across the stamp of the couple. It's actually got three different poses for the couple and I really adore the stamp.

I used a square motif because the wedding invitations had embossed squares on them, but incorporated the circles and squiggly lines as a way to tie in the thank you notes I made for a gift (which, I stupidly forgot to photograph).

The shapes are all cut out using my Cricut and the stamp of the couple was embellished using glitter gel pens.

1 comment:

Dena said...

I like your card. Although you wouldn't think of using black and gold for a wedding, they really look great together.