Thursday, June 26, 2008

Piece of Cake

(click image to enlarge)

My 2 year wedding anniversary was last week. Woo! I got my husband two tickets to see the New England Revolution in September. I didn't want to put the tickets in his card and I didn't have a box laying around the house that was small enough.

I used my Cricut to cut out the cake shaped box from Tags, Bags, Boxes & More. I cut it out as big as I could (given that I only have the original Cricut it was 5.5").

I was already planning to add a strip along the side of the cake to give the appearance of frosting in between layers, and coloring the top and back of the cake as well. In the end, I coated the frosting stripe in UTEE so that it would look shiny, and more like a ganache than a frosting. To top the cake I took tiny pieces of paper that I had torn up, and glued them on- to give the appearance of a chocolate shaving topping.

My husband had no idea what was in the box- and didn't even want to open it. It's still sitting at home (opened, very carefully) on display.

No comments: