Monday, April 28, 2008

Faux iPhone

(click image to enlarge)

I spent a lot of time trying to get this one right. My husband's birthday was this past week and he'd been eying the iPhone for quite a while. Even though I'd decided to get him one, I knew he would have questions and I thought it would be better to have him there so he could also pick out a case.

I still wanted to give him something tangible to open- because unwrapping gifts is fun- so I decided to paper piece this faux iPhone.

I used my Cricut to cut out the phone base and all the squares for the icons. The hardest part was adding the detail to the icons. I was working off of this image. Given the size of the small squares and the pen tips, I think it came out pretty well.

Once we went and picked up the real phone, I compared the two. I was missing an icon square (it wasn't shown in the picture I used as a reference), and the proportions weren't exactly on. Overall, I think I did a great job.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

again I say impressive is your attention to detail.