Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Going to the Chapel

(click to enlarge)

This is an engagement card that I made for a friend a few weeks ago. Her fiance surprised her with a trip to Boston and his proposal. The best part (if you ask me) is that he planned it in Boston so that two of her friends (myself and a mutual friend) could come and meet them for lunch while they were there (we- the friends- had no idea this was happening at all until we were invited for lunch).

I was inspired by $1 treat bags from Target (I forgot to snap a photo of those) for the design of this card. I wanted something cute and fun, but not too girly or frilly. I cut out the rectangles using my Circut and punched out some hearts after that.

I stamped the phrase "Going to the Chapel" on the outside of the card, and the sentiment "Best Wishes for Happily Ever After" on the inside. I went over both sentiments with gel pens to make them stand out more.

No comments: