Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Christmas Card Sets



(click image to enlarge)

Woo, Christmas cards! I'm sure you're all feeling very inspired now that it's February and I'm posting these.

As I said before, life kind of got in the way this holiday season. So, I only made a handful of cards (the rest were, gasp, store bought this year) for close family and friends. In order to make it even easier on myself, I did varations on a theme.

I used my Cricut to cut out all of the shapes that you see on the cards. I had just gotten a new Christmas cartridge (Joys of the Season) and couldn't wait to use it. I used some gel pens (with glitter in them) and pop dots to make certain elements of the cards stand out. I also used stamps for most of the sentiments. Rudolph (top right in the top photo) has googly eyes. Half of the cards got a rounded corner punch, while the other half did not.

As an added bonus, I stamped the envelopes with cute holiday images. Next year, I hope to return to form and do all my cards by hand again. I just missed that experience this year.

No comments: