Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Congrats! (Sorority)

(click image to enlarge)
I made this card over the weekend to send to some women from my Sorority (Alpha Phi).

I used the Cricut to cut out the rectangles, and the letters. I then arranged the letters so they would resemble the Sorority's badge. Obviously, it's not identical but I think I came pretty darn close with the fonts I had available.

The "congrats" is a stamp with white ink. I love the look, but that ink takes forever to dry.

I used a darker color for the card, to make the "badge" and "congrats" stand out. Inside I adhered a white piece of cardstock to write the message on.


I used my corner rounder punch as a final touch.

2 comments:

Demetria said...

I googled 'cricut sorority' and your blog was the first hit. I've been thinking about buying a cricut to help make sorority gifts and signs. Was it difficult for you to do the Greek Letters? What other sorority gifts have you made with your cricut?
Thanks!!

Demetria Johnson
Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority

rissykay99 said...

It wasn't hard to make, but this is the only thing that I have done. Bear in mind that for this card I used the Base Camp cartridge, which does not come with the Cricut.

I'm not sure it would be worth it for you to purchase the Cricut solely for use on Sorority gifts/signs.

I would recommned you go to Jo-Ann fabrics when they have a Cricut demonstration. That will help you to see if it would work for what you want to do.

Good luck!