Thursday, April 12, 2007

Congrats (Baby)

(click image to enlarge)

I made this card a while ago for a friend who is expecting. Since I wasn't sure whether the baby was a boy or a girl, I went with "neutral" colors. (I am a huge fan of very bright and bold colors/prints. I'm currently working on branching out a bit from that.)

I used my Cricut to cut out the squares and "congrats." I desperately wanted to fit "congratulations," but that's quite a long word.

The bibs are a Stampin' Up stamp that I bought at least six years ago. (Thank goodness I don't know any Stampin' Up demonstrators, because it is impossible to only buy one set of stamps if you see a catalogue.) I tried coloring in the stars on the bibs, but I didn't like the way it looked, so I added jeweled stars. Then I thought the card needed balance at the bottom, so I added the ribbons.

I left the inside blank, so that I could write my own message.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this one, too, but I feel like you should have done 4 bib boxes and made the third one a different color and slightly higher or something. Just a suggestion to try the next time you do something like this!