Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Kitchen Appliance Survey

Y'all know I love my Kitchenaid mixer with a love that knows no bounds. But we have a conundrum in our house.

Recently we've been doing a lot of our cooking from scratch- fresh homemade breads, pastas, and sauces. We've been using our Kitchenaid daily and our little food processor has come in very handy. (I think this is the food processor we have currently.)

So, the question is this: Is it better to get some attachments for our mixer (pasta, slicer, shredder) or to upgrade and get a larger food processor?

Mainly I think we would use either for shredding/chopping. We have a mandolin, which we use regularly, but we're looking for something to make the whole process quicker/easier.

I'm drawn towards the attachments because of my love for the Kitchenaid, but also because you can use those attachments for cheese. (Mmmm, cheese.) But in the long run, I'm not sure if that's the smartest way to go.

Do you have any Kitchenaid attachments? A big food processor? Do you prefer one over the other? Have any other tips or advice?

Lay it on me.


2 comments:

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

I have both the chopping attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer as well as the Food Processor, and honestly I use the Food Processor more. Keep in mind I don't use either much - the attachment or the processor - but when I do I always go for the processor. The attachment is a little too hit or miss for me as far as which blades to put in there and I feel like I'm experimenting more than anything. I tried to do onions once and ended up with onion juice more than anything. But that's just me.