Wednesday, February 20, 2008

C is for Cookie!

(click image to enlarge)

In case you haven't figured it out- I'm catching up on all my holiday craft postings now. Yes, that's right- in February. Heh.

I've been baking for a long time now and Christmas Cookies have always been a big tradition at my family's house. I decided this year to only make one batch because we are always traveling over the holidays and so the cookies sit around uneaten (poor lonely cookies).

I chose to make my Husband's favorites: Santa's Surprise. They are essentially peanut butter cookies with Snickers bars pieces inside. Yum. The one trick I have learned with these cookies is that you absolutely have to take them out of the oven before they brown too much. Just like chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies, these continue to bake even after they're removed from the oven.

They may not look like much before baking, but after? Yum!


No comments: