Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Father's Day

(click image to enlarge)


I made this card for my Father. I wanted to make something a little different and fun so I decided to try a shaped card. This was my first attempt.

I cut out four versions of the castle using my Cricut and layered them (the smaller over the larger). Then I cut out small rectangle strips and glued them to the insides of the cards- to hold the two shapes together. You can see where the rectangles peek up at the top, near the flag. I would have liked the card to be a little more seamless, but again, it was a first attempt.

I outlined parts of the castle in a black gel pen to help it stand out a little more. I also embellished the windows of the castle with glitter glue. The flag reads "Pa..." and the inside sentiment says "Today, you're the king of your castle!"

No comments: