Monday, February 01, 2010

Curse Your Sudden but Inevitable Betrayal


firefly
Originally uploaded by Cup O'Cake Designs
Finally, one of the long promised Holiday gifts!

Before I get into the details of the gift, let me start by saying that I lost my battery charger for my camera. I have two camera batteries, but losing the charger means that when they ran out, I couldn't take pictures. I borrowed a friend's charger and now have two full batteries, but I'm not sure how long that will last. I promise to show you the secret things I was working on a few weeks ago later this week.

Back to the subject at hand.

A good friend of mine got me into the show Firefly. If you've never seen it and you enjoy sci fi and comedy, you should check it out. Space cowboys. That's all I'll say.

She loves the show, and I thought this was a perfect way to give her a handmade piece to display in her home. The quote is directly from Firefly. Wash (one of the characters) is playing with toy dinosaurs.

The Stegosaurus is speaking to the T-Rex.

I used black Aida cloth to make the grey and turquoise floss pop.

I put the pattern together and am pretty pleased with the way it turned out.

No comments: