Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cupcake Electoral Map


Last week I made over 200 cupcakes for an Election party. When we were invited to the party, I told my husband to tell the host we would bring cupcakes. He suggested a Cupcake Electoral Map. I told him he was crazy and not to go overboard. Then I spent four days thinking about his idea and how fun it would be.

So, I found myself spending 8+ hours last week cutting out 107 Marshmallow Fondant (MMF) stars, baking over 200 cupcakes, and piping endless amounts of frosting. (For those of you wondering- this is where that Red Velvet recipe came in handy.)

I'll be posting a more in-depth look at this project and the process to create it on my website: www.cupocakedesigns.com It will be November's featured project. Please check the website later this week to see even more pictures of the map and cupcakes.

No comments: