Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Black Bottom Cupcakes (Take 2)


I have made what I called Black Bottom Cupcakes before, but I think that this batch is a more traditional version.

They are rich chocolate cupcakes with a spoonful of a cream cheese, sugar, and chocolate chip mixture baked inside. They taste kind of like a cheesecake cupcake. Mmmm....delish.

I made about a million of these. Not really, but it certainly seemed that way. I think I ended up with 24 full size cupcakes and 48 minis. They were all eaten within three days- it helps that we had five people spend the weekend at our place.

I used my new Wilton silicon cups for the first time. They turned out quite nicely, and I liked that they have a little line on them at about 2/3 full. I'm not sure if that line is intended to use as a fill line, but that's definitely how I used it. If you use these, remember to spray them first otherwise your cupcakes will stick. I sprayed my baking cups and had no problems getting the cupcakes out.

No comments: