Monday, July 28, 2008

Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

(click to enlarge)

I made these Mint Chocolate Chip cupcakes for the beer bottling party. Even though I adore pink lemonade, I know that other people prefer their sweets to be of the chocolate variety.

I think the recipe for this might have come from Curious Cupcakes but I can't remember which member posted it. I was drawn to the recipe because I love Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, and since the recipe calls for Chocolate Milk, I was intrigued.

I made these the day before the party, and I can't tell if that is why the cake was a little dry. The mint came out nicely, but I think next time I might use a different chocolate cake recipe.

The frosting is a mint merengue and once again I could not get the merengue to fluff up as much as it should have. I honestly think it is because I couldn't get the burner up to a high enough temperature. I might stop using merengue until I have a different stove. I tinted the merengue green with food coloring, because I always think mint when I see green food. I topped the merengue with sugar sprinkles and mini chocolate chips.

No comments: