Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Banana Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon Frosting

(click image to enlarge)

My parents had a Mortgage Burning Party this weekend- after 30 years they've finally paid for the house- and I offered to make dessert. I was looking for something that my Dad would like, since he's not into your typical sweets. He loves banana cake, so I looked for a cupcake recipe.

I used the Martha Stewart recipe, as well as her recipe for honey cinnamon frosting. I'd used the recipe once before, but was really unhappy with how the frosting turned out. This time around, I baked the cupcakes a day before frosting them. I think that made a big difference- last time they must have been too hot, which melted the frosting.
My Mom has a Wilton Dessert Decorator which she hadn't tried out yet, so I offered to test it out. It worked great to get the frosting onto the cupcakes. The cupcakes were delish and everyone loved them.

No comments: